Hourly Rate: Competitive hourly rate above regional average with a real earning potential circa £35,000 to £52,000 with overtime.
Immediate Shift Time Available:
- Class 2 Days – 07:00 start
- Class 1 Days – 07:00 start
- Class 1 Afternoons – 14:00 start
- Class 1 Nights Trunking – 20:00 start
Other options may also be available – During the application process you can select the days and shifts you are happy to be considered for – if we do not have anything available straight away you will be kept on file and contacted regarding future vacancies.
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire.
What you’ll be doing
Would you like to work for a successful 88-year-old family run National Business?
As one of the UK’s leading privately owned logistics companies, we’re constantly working to make life better for all our staff.
Our HGV drivers play a huge part in delivering palletised goods across the UK. It’s a job that’s all about driving; our HGV drivers are not expected to load, unload or tramp overnight – they simply drive. This is a full-time role with changing shift patterns, where you’ll spend every day out on the road behind the wheel of a state-of-the-art HGV, with ready-made routes, getting pallets from A to B. Focusing on what you do best – delivering safely, on time, with a smile.
We’ll give you a solid induction, to get you up to speed on how we do things and we’ll be right behind you, offering support whenever you need it.
We will also give you ADR Training should you require it through our inhouse training academy.
We look after our HGV drivers. We never underestimate how vital you are, so we make sure you always feel valued here. We aim to bring out the best in you by investing in training and using our great team to support you whenever they can by helping to make collections and deliveries as smooth as possible. We are a family at the end of the day and there by your side every step of the way.
What you need to show us
We look to our HGV drivers to go the extra mile for people. So, along with the relevant HGV driving qualifications and driving cards (CPC, Tachograph), you’ll need a friendly personality and great customer skills. You’ll also need to carry out essential vehicle safety checks and keep your vehicle looking world-class, so a good eye for detail will be a real asset too.
· Driving and operating your vehicle in accordance with Road Traffic Legislation and the Highway Code It will be your responsibility to keep this vehicle clean and serviceable.
· Ensure that all Daily Vehicle Checks are undertaken and reported.
· Make effective use of safety equipment, particularly personal protective equipment. There is a zero-tolerance policy on health and safety.
· To comply with all legislative requirements, company policy and procedures always.
· To return all POD’s, PDA’s, and other associated documentation applicable as instructed by your Manager/Supervisor.
· To always comply with company rules.
Why work for us
As a Clarke Transport HGV Driver, you’ll enjoy 20 Days plus eight statutory holidays (28 days in total), Occasional Saturday work upon request paid at time and a half, Weekly pay (every Thursday), Additional Holiday after four years’ service – Extra Day for every additional year’s service up to a maximum of five extra days, Death in service – £20,000, Permanent employment, career progression, ongoing training, ADR Training, DCPC Training, Full uniform and PPE provided and an auto enrolment pension scheme
Join us on an exciting journey that will make things even better for drivers like you.
Come and be part of our family.